[WriteLog] New User Question about erroneous PTT (WL, TS2000, Rigblaster

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] New User Question about erroneous PTT (WL, TS2000, Rigblaster Plus)
From: "Montemerlo, Robert" <robert.montemerlo@hp.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 12:17:36 -0500
Hi

I just brought up WriteLog for the Digital Contests using MMTTY & RTTYrite but
have been experiencing a start up problem.

Setup:  Kenwood TS2000, Compaq Portable Running W20000, RigBlaster Plus
        Comm2 USB to USB/DB2 converter for rig control, Comm1 to RigBlaster
Plus for RTTY FSK & PTT

When I boot the portable I have to have the RigBlaster set to VOX so it will
not be trigger during boot where Comm1 is trigger by Microsoft. I am
experiencing a similiar problem with Writelog.

When I bring up WriteLog (like under the ARRL RTTY Roundup contest) no problem.

Then when I select the RTTY Window I have seen the following:

        If the default is MTTY I appear not to have a problem
        If the default is RTTYrite (AFSK or FSK) I get a PTT trigger through
the RigBlaster which keys the radio. This only happens on the first time after
a boot. All subsequent application exits and restarts can not duplicate the
trigger
        If the default is RTTYrite (PSK32) I have had the PTT trigger come on
an stay on so that I have to quickly shut down RTTYrite. This happen on start
up twice but once I changed the default and no further problem were encountered
until a fresh boot.

Does RTTYrite have a problem with initial setting of the Comm1 port after
initial start up?

Would appreciate it if someone could point me in a direction. I can work around
this (isolating the rig on application startup) but I'd prefer not to.

Thanks in advance

Bob

KB1JZU

kb1jzu@arrl.net