[WriteLog] Writelog V/S sound card

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Writelog V/S sound card
From: Dale Jackaman <dalej@reboot.bc.ca>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 01:10:44 -0800
I'm also now having a problem with my sound card which I haven't seen
before, latest build of Writelog 10.44B but the earlier build was also
doing this.  Worked for months on this machine but it's now a major
problem. I did a clean re-install of XP and installed Writelog but no
change.

While running MMTY (or native RTTY in Writelog) the sound input keeps
bouncing between overflow and very weak and does this mode switching after
a RTTY transmission.  Does this on both Mic and Line-In inputs.  The audio
input slider controls can be put to zero and MMTY is still in an overflow
condition.   Mute is all that works.  Transmitting RTTY on and off a few
times kicks it into a lower audio input mode that works for perhaps two or
three transmissions but soon goes back into overflow again.  Not an RFI
issue as it does this with zero power output.  Not a radio problem as
sampling the audio output from the 756Pro shows a steady audio output. Not
the computer because it doesn't exhibit this behavior outside of Writelog.

I'm stumped.   Any ideas?

Dale  VE7GL
ve7gl@rac.ca
http://ve7gl.reboot.bc.ca