Re: [WriteLog] 10.45M Question

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] 10.45M Question
From: K4SB <k4sb@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 03:11:39 +0000
Larry L Lindblom wrote:
> But, I've seen a bad register edit totally hose window to the point of
> requiring a complete reinstall of everything.  Reinstalling WriteLog is
> easy but a total reinstall of Windows and the Apps is a pain.  Add, even
> if you have a full system back up on disk or tape it can take forever to
> do a rebuild.

Well, I keep a complete backup here on a spare 8 GB hard drive. It's
installed as the slave on the main IDE bus, but I keep the power off
by intercepting the red connector and routing it through a small SPST
switch mounted on the back of the machine. Enabling the spare is a
matter of merely turning on the switch. So normally, I don't even see
the hd.  With the Norton Ghost, I can restore the C drive to it's
original condition in about 5 minutes.

I also make it a habit to periodically ( once a week ) back up the
spare. And once a week, I copy Netscape's mail, address book, and all
bookmarks to the D drive, which is a partition of the normal C drive.

73
Ed

73
Ed