[WriteLog] master.dta file and SUPER CHECK PARTIAL

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] master.dta file and SUPER CHECK PARTIAL
From: "Larry - K2GN" <k2gn@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 11:03:42 -0500
Chad WE9V wrote -
> This weekend I created a special Master.dta file for the FOC
> Marathon. The entries included the operators name such as
> "K2GN/LARRY".

There's a much better way to do this, by using the
"preset exhange from ADIF file" and creating an ADIF
"log" that has names in it.  If your contest doesn't
have a name field, simply add it to the contest exchange
parameters.

Chad:
Great process and I'm sure your file meets your needs.
BUT....
The whole point of Tony - K2SG's message was not the creation of the file,
it was that an entry of greater than 15 characters will cause the
"SUPER PARTIAL CHECK" to malfunction.
There was an entry of 16 characters in his master.dta file and
the process wasn't working. Calls just would not show up, even through they
were in the file.

Hope this clarifies the problem.

Fix - stay to 15 characters or less.

Larry/K2GN