[WriteLog] Bandmap Fill (was RE:modes again)

To: "'Chuck Fullgraf'" <cfullgraf@sprynet.com>,"'WriteLog Reflector'" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Bandmap Fill (was RE:modes again)
From: "Dick Green" <dick.green@valley.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 23:33:33 -0500
If I understand correctly, you don't want the CALL field in the entry window
filled in from from the bandmap as you tune. At least, you don't want that
to be the default.

This is a popular feature in N1MM, but it's implemented differently there.
Each N1MM entry window has an "on-deck" circle, which is a blank area in the
upper left-hand corner of the window. As you tune through the bandmap, the
callsign under the pointer is copied to the on-deck circle, not the CALL
field. If you then hit spacebar, the callsign is copied to the CALL field
and is ready for logging. The call is automatically erased when you tune
away from it without logging a QSO (I think both the on-deck and CALL fields
are erased, but I can't remember.)

73, Dick WC1M