[WriteLog] CW Keying via LPT Port

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] CW Keying via LPT Port
From: "" <jclark@brownjanitorsupply.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 10:41:09 -0500
First things first, Thanks! everybody who answered my pleas for help.

I realize that it was the same old question that we have been dealing with for
sometime now. But I had looked at the archives believed that I had every set up
correctly.

Last night I was going to un-install USER PORT and then re-intall it in hopes
that maybe it wasn't being loaded for some reason for WL. I was grasping at
straws because the CW keying was working just fine with DX4WIN. And had worked
for the CQWW CW in the fall.

Before I did that I took another look at the INI file and noticed that the
address for the LPT port did not look right. So I went into the device manager.
And found that SOME HOW!!! one of Murphy's gremlin's went and changed the LPT
port address in the INI file.

Needless to say I changed that and the CW keying works just fine.

I am not what you might call a genius with computers but how can this happen
with out actually going in there and making the change.

So I guess this is another thing to keep in the back of our minds when we are
dealing with this CW keying problem.

Thanks again
John
N5ER