RE: [WriteLog] Re: Problem with MicroHam USB Interface

To: "'Bob Naumann - N5NJ'" <n5nj@gte.net>,"'Steve Woodruff'" <sjwoodr@yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: [WriteLog] Re: Problem with MicroHam USB Interface
From: "Nick Kail" <m3mlr@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 09:01:00 -0000
Bob /Steve
The problem was the settings
It would seem that the three leads that come from the box on the Icom are
for the Key the Remote and the PTT. I thought the lead they use for the PTT
(the one that went to the ACC port) was also sending details for the band
plan to the PC. With the TxRx receiving a PTT signal from both it went into
feedback mode. Below is a copy of the mail Jozef sent me on how the settings
should be for using the interface

73's

Nick

>Jozef These are now my setting
>PTT via CAT command (ON)
> CW via CAT  command (OFF)
> CW out via Soundcard (OFF)
> CW is LSB (OFF)
> AFSK in  place of FSK (ON)
>
> And in the Details section for the PTT and CAT Interface
>
> RTS PTT
> DTR CW

Yes Nick, this is a correct settings, but if you use PTT via CAT your PTT
plug from USB Interface to the Icom should be unplugged.

Same in Writelog. If you use comm PTT, do not plug PTT to the radio !

My settings for Writelog are :
COM3 - CW = checked - Rig type = TS850 - Baud Rate = AUTO - Poll = checked -
commPTT = NO All mode PTT on CW port RTS = checked CW keyer type = PC
generates selected CWPTT... = On LPT pin16/COMM RTS selected PTT to CW delay
20msec

PTT plug from interface is connected to the radio ACC connector.

Jozef