Re: [WriteLog] 10.45m "observances"

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] 10.45m "observances"
From: Jerry Pixton <jpixton@shentel.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 16:08:53 +0000
All,

Can someone please help me understand the value of having the log window flip back to some previous entry for a call that happens to be in the entry window.

For example I am on seq 725 and I enter a call that was worked on another band. The log scrolls back to entry seq 45. And sits there until I enter this new qso. Short of scrolling thru hundreds of entries I can find no way to get to the end of the log again until the current qso is committed.

I try to quality control the previous qso while sending the current exchanges. But when my log is in the wrong place, I can't do this. Besides all the valuable information is in the Check Call window anyway. This is a contest program, not a general qso program. What is the value to this behavior? How does any one use it as value-added? What am I missing?

Worse is that this behavior seems random! That is, the log does not scroll on every call sign that has been worked before on another band. Sometimes it scrolls and sometimes it doesn't. The only correlation I see is, if I think I might have made a mistake in getting a serial number right on the last qso, that is the time I will find the log scrolled back to some earlier entry. Pretty smart program to know when I am in trouble.

This has been a pet peeve of mine for several years. I can not find any ini entry to turn off this behavior. Nor can I understand it so that I can compensate. Nor does it seem to be high enough in the job jar to get it corrected. So someone must like this feature. Help me understand how to gain from it.

Enough. 99 and 44 one hundreds a damn good program!

Jerry, W6IHG