[WriteLog] How can you send commands to the rig from within WriteLog?

To: "writelog@contesting.com" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] How can you send commands to the rig from within WriteLog?
From: Jim Smith <jimsmith@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 16:27:37 -0800
In RTTY mode on the MkV I want to be able to select the 500Hz filter(s) by pressing Nar1 and the 250 Hz filter(s) by pressing Nar2. I have found that the MkV doesn't let me do that.

I have found a workaround which is to forget the Nar1 and Nar2 buttons and send the appropriate CAT commands directly to the rig to select the desired filter. Works FB when using AFSK with PKT mode selected. Don't see any reason why it wouldn't also work for FSK/RTTY but haven't tried it. However, I have found no way within WL to send commands of my choice to the rig. Does anyone know how to do this?

BTW, if you have a MkV and haven't checked out K6SE's MPFilters program you ought to try it. It will answer all those questions like, "Which filter do I have in which IF?" You can find it on the VA3CR site.

73 de Jim Smith VE7FO