Re: [WriteLog] . Multi-Keyer interface to hand key question fromN6EU...

To: "N6EU" <N6EU@socal.rr.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] . Multi-Keyer interface to hand key question fromN6EU... (N6EU)
From: "Art Searle W2NRA" <w2nra@birdsandbeacons.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 00:21:16 -0500
Hi Russel,
>. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . The thing
> I like about the Multi-Keyer is that it allows you to pick the left or
right
> radio with the external toggle switch even when you are not running the WL
> program

What toggle switch?  My new Multi-Keyer has one toggle switch and it's
on/off.

> . . . and would like to preserve that feature and have the ability to use
> the Hand Key at the same time if desired.  I think I can do this if the
> schematic for the current Multi_Keyer was available but do not want to
> attempt modifying it with out a proper road map.

Fortunately my radio has 2 keyer inputs.    Why couldn't you just wire the
straight key into the keyer's output connector?

I have an anomaly with my Multi-Keyer and it has to do with the PTT.  If I
connect the PTT I cannot get QSK to work even when I select 'NONE' in the
PTT control.  I get intermitting keying.

Art
W2NRA