[WriteLog] M2 Orion 2800 - Add new support?

To: WriteLog@CONTESTING.COM
Subject: [WriteLog] M2 Orion 2800 - Add new support?
From: n1hko@arrl.net
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 09:23:32 -0500
Greetings,

I read the thread of last week regarding rotor control being "broken" after
performing
a firmware upgrade on the rotor control and wondered just what I would find
after
getting my computer control rebuilt. As reported, rotor control no longer works.

FWIW, I highly recommend 2800 owners perform the upgrade. It will allow for
long
term compatability/upgradability through firmware similar to what Tentec is
doing with
their Orion. That said, I understand why owners of older versions would not
want
rotor control through Writelog to cease because of this change. I vote for and
will
support the addition of a new M2 rotor control selection to Writelog. Thus
leaving no
users with out support and requiring only tweaking of the existing control set
to be
compatible the new firmware.

I am available to help with beta test etc. Ron, Wayne?

Bill Fleming
Amateur Radio Station(s) - N1HKO, 8P9AM, PJ2/N1HKO, P4/N1HKO
Trustee WT1M (ex AF1G)

P O Box 5973
Manchester, NH 03108-5973
(603) 421 - 0994