Re: [WriteLog] microHAM USB interface

To: FireBrick <w9ol@billnjudy.com>,"Writelog List" <writelog@contesting.com>,"FT1000MP List" <1000mp@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] microHAM USB interface
From: Bob Naumann - N5NJ <n5nj@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 10:29:00 -0600
You could always get a USB extension cable to solve the problem too.

http://tinyurl.com/2yj66

From: "FireBrick" <w9ol@billnjudy.com>
Date: 2004/02/27 Fri AM 09:27:34 CST
To: "Writelog List" <writelog@contesting.com>,
        "FT1000MP List" <1000mp@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [WriteLog] microHAM USB interface

I finally got around to testing my microHAM USB to Serial interface.
And I'm happy to report that it worked as advertised.

Installation was successful on the first try and it controlled the rig properly.

I only have one small complaint, the cords are too short.
Minor and would probably not concern most people.
My computer sits under the desk in a corner away from my feet and I was just a
little
short on the rig cable.

Fortunately I had a spare serial cable and was able to attach that.

This USB will not send 5 bit code hence it will not work for FSK with the Yaesu
FT1000MP.
Jozef said he was working on that problem and will keep us informed.

This will solve that "one serial port" condition we now find in Laptops and
some Desktops.

Good luck.