Re: [WriteLog] What's wrong with AFSK? was - 5 bit mystery unraveled

To: "Jim Smith" <jimsmith@shaw.ca>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] What's wrong with AFSK? was - 5 bit mystery unraveled
From: dj3iw@t-online.de (DJ3IW Goetz)
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 10:17:48 -0000
HI Jim,

the main reason for this preference is that with FSK input to the TRX
you CANNOT overmodulate the SSB of the TRX. Unfortunately this happens
all too often, creating spurii sometimes as strong as the desired
signal above and below the same. In the recent WPX contest here in EU
we had big problems with such a station spoiling up to 20 kHz!
73 de Goetz
dj3iw@t-online.de