Re: [WriteLog] TS850 Radio Control

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] TS850 Radio Control
From: "David Hachadorian" <K6LL@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 18:31:05 -0700
From: "Georgens, Tom" <tom.georgens@lsil.com>
To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Cc: "Georgens, Tom" <tom.georgens@lsil.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2004 2:47 PM
Subject: [WriteLog] TS850 Radio Control

> I know that a 3-wire (no hardware flow control) will not work at
> all with the TS850 so the signals do matter.

I use a homemade 3-wire connection all the time on both
of my TS-850's. Only TxD, RxD, and ground are connected.
I have CTS and RTS jumpered together at the TS-850
end. These are pins 4 and 5 on the ACC1 connector.
This interface is shown here, about 2/3 down the page:
http://www.qth.com/ka9fox/ts850_mods.txt

I use a Pentium 200 with Win98, and have never seen
any of the behavior you describe. Maybe you just need
the cts/rts jumper.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ