[WriteLog] Suggestions Please -- PSK31 stopped working

To: <writelog@contesting.com>, <dx4win@qth.net>
Subject: [WriteLog] Suggestions Please -- PSK31 stopped working
From: "Frank Grossman (WB2BXO)" <flgrossman@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 23:46:53 -0500
Decided to try PSK31 today for the first time in some months.  It's worked
fine using both DX4Win and WriteLog in the past, but would not function
today.

Specifically, I see no signal or noise in the waterfall display on either
program.  Everything seems to be connected properly because I'm getting
receive audio from the IC-765 at a constant level through the computer
speakers.  When I send text from a function key, I hear the audio, see the
signal on the waterfall, and see the echo in my receive window in DX4Win.

Plugged in a mic and tried the Windows sound recorder to verify the sound
card is working.  Heard my own voice through the speakers, a .wav file was
created, but no audio was recorded.

Using a configuration that has worked fine in the past:  IC-765, sending
audio to the sound card from the Icom's constant-level output--no fancy
interface--on a Dell 750 MHz Optiplex.

Suggestions?

73,
Frank