[WriteLog] IC-756PROII

To: "Writelog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] IC-756PROII
From: "Jim McDonald" <jim@n7us.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 11:33:55 -0700
I got my new PROII (replaced my MARK-V) working with DXbase using the
default address of 64 and in the radio and DXbase.  I used 19200 baud in
both.

In Writelog, I've tried changing the address in the radio between 64 and 5C.
Either works, believe it or not, and I am using 19200 in both.  I don't know
what file in Writelog has the radio parameters.

The problem I have is that the radio PTT is energized through the microphone
line all of the time (unless I disconnect the mic plug).  I'm using the CI-V
converter that's in the RIGblaster Pro.  The RIGblaster PTT and CW LEDs are
on when using WL, indicating that RTS and DTR are high.

CW is on a separate port through a W5XD keyer, which is working fine.  FSK
is also on a separate port using the simple interface on AA5AU's web site.

I've tried every combination in the ports window but the radio is still
stuck on transmit due to the RTS being high.  It would be transmitting CW,
too, I assume, if I used the same port for CW as rig control, since DTR is
also high.

Maybe this is my punishment for spending money on myself!

Thanks for any suggestions.

Jim N7US