[WriteLog] SCK questions

To: writelog@contesting.com, Bob Naumann <n5nj@gte.net>
Subject: [WriteLog] SCK questions
From: Greg Fischer <ab7r@direcway.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2004 17:27:42 -0700
Hi there Bob.

Finally got my SCKII and having the dickens of a time setting it up.

I built the SER cable and that seems to work OK in WL, provided I check of
CW/QSK option.

I downloaded the userport program, got rid of all the settings and added the
address I find in my device manager (3BC-3FC) for LPT1.  Whenever I click on
UPDATE, I get a blue error screen that flashes quickly before restarting the
computer.  I can briefly tell is says something like
IRQ is Less than not equal....something like that.  It just does not want to
run properly.  I tried changing the LPT address settings with no luck.

In MixW, there is a driver for the LPT port also.  Works fine for MixW, also
works for LPT keying from Logic7 program.  But cannot seem to get WL to work
with anything to access the LPT port so it can swap radios in SO2R.

I also tried disconnecting the CW, PTT and their grounds from the LPT
connector to the SCK, leaving only the strobe, DVK messages and pin 14 for
switching rigs.  Still no luck.

Any ideas?

Computer is a P4 2.6 on a gigabyte MB.  Rigs are Elecraft K2s.

Thanks
Greg
AB7R