RE: [WriteLog] Networking Issue Part II (Making Progress) I think

To: Brian Sarkisian <cqkg8co@yahoo.com>, writelog@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [WriteLog] Networking Issue Part II (Making Progress) I think
From: Eric Scace K3NA <eric@k3na.org>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 21:35:11 -0400
   Key subtle point for this mixed machine environment:  the PASSWORD and
USERNAME for all three machines must also be ALL CAPS and
NO SPACES.  Win98 and earlier barf unpredictably if the username/password used
for networking is lower case or contains spaces.

   Create a user account on all three machines with the same username (e.g.,
KC8GOKC8GO) and an uppercase password (e.g.,
BRIANBRIAN).  Log into that account on each machine and run WriteLog.  Then all
should be OK.

-- Eric K3NA