[WriteLog] Two Sound Cards troubles!

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Two Sound Cards troubles!
From: "Alfred J. Frugoli (KE1FO)" <frugoli@worldlinkisp.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 21:07:22 -0400
I'm trying to use two sound cards for MMTTY.  My problem comes long before
MMTTY recognizing the right cards.  Here's the story.

When I switched to Writelog I put a PCI SB16 card in the computer adn replaced
the old ISA BTC-1831 card (which uses an ESS1688 chip).  Since I had the old
card lying around, I thought I'd try using it with the SB16 before I go sink
$30 into another SB16 (small investment, I know - but if I can save it, I can
put it towards the next shack project!).  I've installed the card in the
computer, set all the jumpers correctly (I think) and set up the device manager
to match those settings and installed an ess1588 driver (actually tried 2
different ones - es1688 AudioDrive and es1688 AudioDrive (WMD), none have
worked).  When I restart and check the device manger ES1688 AudioDrive's Device
Status says "This device is either not present, not working properly, or does
not have all the drivers installed (code 24.)  Running the detection process
does not find the card.

The Windows Version is Windows 98 4.10.1998.  The driver is ES1688 AudioDrive

Can anyone out there help with this?  Is it a lost cause (i.e. am I going to
spend more time making it work than the $30 bucks savings is worth?)

Thanks.

73 de Al, KE1FO