[WriteLog] ORION direct frequency entry problem

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] ORION direct frequency entry problem
From: Bob Henderson <bob@cytanet.com.cy>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 08:22:33 +0000
I am having a problem with my Orion under WL. I wonder if there are any others out there using Orion with WL who are seeing the same problem or can confirm that their's behaves differently.

The problem concerns direct frequency entry from the Call field. This works on 80/40/20 but not on 160/15/10m.

I enter 1832 press return and nothing happens. 1832 sits there in the call field.
I enter 3502, 7002 or 14002 press return and Orion QSYs appropriately and the call line clears.
I enter 21002 or 28002 press return and nothing happens. The frequency entered sits there in the call field.

Other radios seem to work fine. The behaviour I see is consistent across three recent releases of WL.

Whatsay Orion users?

73 Bob, 5B4AGN, P3F