[WriteLog] RE: Ionic Breeze

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] RE: Ionic Breeze
From: Eric Hilding <eric@hilding.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 20:30:28 -0700
Ooops...sorry guys, haven't checked the WriteLog folder on the Unix for weeks ;-(

>> A solution would be, of course, to run the Ionic Breeze non-stop EXCEPT
>> for when you're on the air :-)

John, WA9ALS inquired:

> Do you need to run it more during an SSB contest than during a CW or RTTY
> contest??

Hmmm..I'm still in a "test" mode, but for those with more severe allergies, etc. which might affect the voice, I'd tend to say probably during an SSB contest.

Art, W2NRA responded:

> And I was away on vacation, so your timing is perfect.  Glad I could help.
> And would you believe I didn't think of your simple solution of ". . . to
> run the Ionic Breeze non-stop EXCEPT for when you're on the air :-)"  Da!  I
> can't believe I gave this problem so much brain effort and didn't think of
> that.  So now, of course, I will go buy one and use the 'Hilding Solution'.
> . . . . the on/off switch.
>
> Thanks and 73,

Your welcome, Art (that was my dad's name :-) I have it right next to the rig, so if I find myself needing a "clear"/QRN-free frequency for a weak DX station, I just reach over and BINGO...problem solved until I work him. Then, <SWITCH> ... back on it comes. Piece of cake.

Now if I can just help Software Logger Authors understand how my alternative voice-keying approach will get rid of the Robotic on-air crap sounds AND help save people's voices during the contest, *THAT* will solve another MAJOR PROBLEM (Demo remains at: http://www.k6vva.com + the "Hot Rod Version" link)

Alas, our local club uses WriteLog Networked, and I just pre-recorded 62 high-quality .wav files for Field Day. Quality of recording & voice, yes. Use for individual alpha characters in WriteLog *NOT* ;-(

Perhaps one day others will wake up and find what they are missing.

Hope you like your Ionic Breeze, and hope you got the whiz-bang one!

73...

Rick, K6VVA