RE: [WriteLog] CW & 706

To: "'Bruce A. King'" <bruce@regis-consulting.com>, <kl7dn@sover.net>
Subject: RE: [WriteLog] CW & 706
From: "Phil Krichbaum" <pfkski@vail.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 07:53:13 -0600
Darrel,
        When you say Iambic keyer do you mean your Iambic paddle or do you
mean an outboard keyer with the Iambic paddle? What you need is an outboard
keyer to a Y with WL , CT etc computer output from the keying line to the
other side of the Y.  Use the tip and ground connections on a stereo 1/4"
plug to the 706. Turn 706 keyer to OFF.
        In many radios you can not use the internal keyer when also using
computer generated CW from the logging program. Some radios like the ICOM
756PROII and K2 accept both at the same time. The popular FT1000MP does not.
        A small electronic keyer like the XT-4 by W9XT works nicely for this
and easily fits in your laptop case for going on the road or flying off to a
DX location. It also gives you 4 more memories if needed! I'm sure there are
other keyers that would serve the same purpose. I've been very happy with my
XT-4 and it will run for a long time off a 9VDC battery (months) and
literally will easily fit in your shirt pocket. I receive no compensation
for using this product, just a satisfied user!
        Phil N0KE