[WriteLog] Prefilling WL fields from master list

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Prefilling WL fields from master list
From: Eric Hilding <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 22:34:28 -0700
In order to save even more typing (subject to any changes needed or error corrections during a QSO), I would like to pre-fill (populate) the FD section field based upon the callsign entered. My master list here output here can either be in a true ascii comma delimited .csv format or tab-delimited .txt file...or .dbf, etc.

What I am looking for is the step-by-step process to:

1. Convert my own .csv, .txt, .dbf, etc. callsign + section name DB to whatever file format it is that works with WriteLog (TR uses TRMASTER.DTA which allows importing of a .csv file).

2. The procedure for installing & configuring the (converted) master list into WriteLog.

3. What to click on within WriteLog to make pre-fill (populate) the section field upon entry of a callsign (this happens automatically once a station has been worked on another band/mode).

Tnx for any info/solutions.

73...

Rick, K6VVA