RE: [WriteLog] CW Sending from a Laptop

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [WriteLog] CW Sending from a Laptop
From: "Al Zelna" <mr.mri@evenlink.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 11:27:58 -0400
I am not sure that is a fair assessment of WL's abilities when run on your
laptop.  There is no mention of the "vintage" of your laptop, OS, WL
version, total RAM, free RAM, or interface used with your scenario.

I have used WL for CW on the very laptop I am typing this email and its
works without a hitch.  It uses a homebrew interface listed in the help
files built for pennies.  There is no delay, no missed characters, and I
have yet to be asked for a repeat even at 35 WPM.

Same goes for RTTY.  I use the HB AFSK cable built from the help files and
it works like a champ... time and time again.

Sony Vaio FXA63, Win XP, WL 10.41B, AMD Athlon 1600+, 256 MB RAM.  I
normally have at least 100MB RAM available when contesting.  Maybe try
closing out unused programs to free-up some resources.

Al, N3KAE