[WriteLog] Networking at Field Day

To: WriteLog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Networking at Field Day
From: WI8W <rtty@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 01:11:02 +0000
With all the complaining about Writelogs ability or should I say non ability to network during a Field Day operation...I am beginning to wonder if you all have lost the meaning of Field Day.

It is not a contest so why do you treat it like one?

It is a exercise to determine your strengths and weaknesses in conducting emergency communications in the field.

My club uses computers for logging and we let each station boss use what ever software they want to use.

We run N3FJP and I run Writelog. We have run CT and NA in the past. We dont worry about a network because we dont use one. Quite frankly it is not necessary at all.

I say leave the network at home

To blast Wayne for not fixing something that quite frankly, in my opinion, is not broken is something I would like to see stopped.

I run Writelog in my shack with 4 computers running Win 98, Win 2000 and WinXp and have not had one single problem in the last 2 years I have been running Writelog.

You might also comply with the standard operating practice of the computer world...RTFM

have a nice day

73

Thom WI8W