Re: [WriteLog] Best/easiest Windows version for WL?

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Best/easiest Windows version for WL?
From: K4SB <k4sb@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2004 15:29:43 +0000
Sherman Banks wrote:
snip
> but I would occasionally get lockups with 98 if I leave my computer on for a
> long time and open/close lots of programs.  If you do lockup, WL is great
> about recovery.  You don't lose a thing.

This may be either a BIOS setting or a function of the motherboard. In
my case, the BIOS has a "sleep" funtion with an entirely inadequate
maximum time. Shack computer I just replaced had this problem. New one
doesn't. Also, some screen savers apparently "time out" or whatever,
and at some point, although the saver is still running, it stops
scanning the keyboard or mouse.

Sherman is right on the money with WL recovery. Have never lost a
single Q.

73
Ed