Re: [WriteLog] EZmaster

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] EZmaster
From: "Richard Detweiler" <rdetweil@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 12:46:08 -0500
Yes it is compatible. However it does not do everything the box is capable of doing.

It allows for useing the USB connection as the 'only' interface to the PC for Rig control, Antenna switching, Voice Keying, and Winkey support. To do all this, Writelog will have to be upgraded.

As the Other vendors may come online with similar boxes, it may be a good idea to come up with a standard interface and code to it only once.

The ability to have only one wire to the interface box from the PC is attractive especially for a small lap top.

73's
Rich
K5SF