[WriteLog] Port Setup & LPT keying with XP

To: <Writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Port Setup & LPT keying with XP
From: "William D.Storer" <wstorer@cinci.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 17:45:54 -0400
Any help with XP keying via the LPT port. Just switched over to XP Professional
from Windows ME where I was using the LPT for keying.
I've followed the steps listed in the support section as per using Userport and
have it set with the correct address and is functioning properly.
When I try the port setup in the program itself, it shows that the LPT port is
available and I'm able to select it and save the configuration.
Only problem is that no keying even using the same cable as before and when I
open the port setup window again after a save it doesn't show the LPT port
selected. Also if I touch a function key as during a contest operation , the
screen does a slit blink.  Where have I errored?  :)

Bill Storer    KF8HR