Re: [WriteLog] QUICK REFERENCE FOR WRITELOG MATTERS.

To: zl1bhq@paradise.net.nz, writelog@CONTESTING.COM
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] QUICK REFERENCE FOR WRITELOG MATTERS.
From: Georgek5kg@aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 10:36:53 EDT

In a message dated 7/23/2004 1:49:58 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
zl1bhq@paradise.net.nz writes:

Has  anyone thought of authoring a reference source of Writelog information
in a  format such as :- WRITELOG FOR DUMMIES. Those who are familiar with the
"Dummies" series of books will appreciate the quick reference material
available in book form. The trouble with Help files I find is that there is no
quick reference available for problem solving, because one has to open the
relative Help file at the expense of the immediate loss of the problem area
being
experienced. One only needs to consider the excellent material produced  by
Andy Rathbone author of the Dummies for Windows(an excellent series of  books),
which led one by the hand through problem solving.
Cheers from The  Real Dummy.

Excellent idea, although I am not the one to do it.  I have been ultra
frustrated since I began using WL four year ago at its poor documentation.
There
are things in WL that are just not adequately explained in its help files,
the latest of which I found was CW weighting commands in writelog.ini, for
example.

Perhaps some brave soul will step forward to meet the challenge.   BTW, the
K9JY web site is an excellent reference for WL information.

73, George, K5KG