Re: [WriteLog] IC-7800 & Writelog

To: tavan@tibco.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] IC-7800 & Writelog
From: Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 <faunt@panix.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 11:01:00 -0400 (EDT)
   Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 07:50:52 -0700
   From: Rick Tavan <tavan@tibco.com>

   Ah, but I've heard rumors that it _may _be only a software problem and
   _may _be corrected. Allegedly there are enough redundant components in
   the second rx that all they need to do is unmute it when transmitting on
   a different antenna; maybe requiring different bands as well. Remains to
   be seen whether they do it or not. If they do, then it will only cost
   twice as much as a competitive SO2R station with slightly inferior rx specs.

   /Rick N6XI

   Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 wrote:

   >The radio will not do SO2R by itself, since it cannot receive on the
   >"other" receiver while transmitting.

That I can believe, although it may also be wishful thinking.
My fairly quick look at the block diagram showed no reason that it
couldn't do SO2R by itself, but it won't (now).

It'd be a real drag if the radio could do it, but the CIV port
wouldn't quite support it.

73, doug