[WriteLog] Got a problem: ini file

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Got a problem: ini file
From: "Alessandro Salvatico" <asalvatico@tin.it>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 13:17:33 +0200
Finally :( after 4 years of no trouble operation with Writelog I got a big
problem.
I am running WL 10.48 on a Pentium 4, 2.6G, 512M ram, WindowsXP-Home.
What's happening is that the program start using 100% of the CPU every time
I do a SAVE CONFIGURATION; looking at the writelog.ini file, I can see that
the program is writing more and more, and the .ini file gets bigger (60k+),
until I have to stop the program with the task manager.
I have made several clean reinstallations, starting from 10.47 and erasing
the writelog.ini, without success.
If I do not change the setup I can only open NEW files, if I open existing
contest files sometimes it works, sometimes it gives random error messages
(abort message saying "memory 0x00000004 cannot be read).
All this mess started (probably) after I installed Microsoft Autoroute
(coincidence? Going to Setup>SuperCheck Control starter an Autoroute
installation program; stopping it I got the SuperCheck control mask..;
disinstalled Autoroute this problem was fixed).

This is what happen to my poor writelog.ini file any time I do a Setup/save
configuration: it start filling forever of dock screen bars...

[DockScreen-Bar297]
BarID=59423
Horz=1
Floating=1