[WriteLog] Help With Soundcard for RTTY

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Help With Soundcard for RTTY
From: "Robert Carroll" <rlcarroll@patmedia.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 16:33:48 -0400
After not using Writelog for a long time (which is probably the problem) I
have upgraded to the latest version and placed a Creative
Soundblaster---which checks out as a 7f-in my Dell 8400 running Windows XP.
This is the second soundcard in the system, which came equipped with a
Creative Audigy, which I use for audio applications and don't want to get
involved with Writelog, especially since it checks in as less than a 7F.  I
did check out the new card in this machine for audio applications by using
the control panel to switch from the Audigy to the Blaster for sound.  It
works fine-for audio.

Using the Writelog Mixer I told the program to use the Soundblaster for
audio.  When I open the RTTY window I get a message "cannot initialize
soundcard" and indeed no signal activity shows up in the RTTY window.

Can someone point me toward what could be wrong?

Thanks

Bob W2WG