Re: [WriteLog] Recording a new message on-the-fly

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Recording a new message on-the-fly
From: "M. Edward Wilborne III" <wilborne@mew3.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 11:36:34 -0400
That is why features should be added as a user enabled option, and not cast
in stone.

When our company updates programs, we implement new features as options if
it is going to change existing functionality.

Sure, that makes the configuration a bit more complex, but WriteLog's
configuration is already complex, so one more optional feature isn't going
to kill it.

Breaking previously useful functionality does kill it.  And then, not even
knowing how to work around the issue, i.e. poor communication for support
regarding the rationale and work around kills the companies credibility.

Ed