[WriteLog] networking computers is a success

To: "Writelog List" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] networking computers is a success
From: "FireBrick" <w9ol@billnjudy.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 13:21:42 -0500
My very first attempt at networking two computers is a success.
Duh...if a dummy like me can do it, anybody can.

One Desktop, running WinXPPRO connected to wireless/cat5 hub via cat 5.Computer name is Barton.
One Laptop, running WINXPPRO connect to wireless hub via wifi. Computer name is Laptop.
Obviously both computers have paid for/registered version of XP Pro.

I log a station on one computer...and it shows up on log of Laptop instantaneously.

Now I only have one rig, and one set of antennas but this is a great way to save your log besides my anal automagic backups.

I'm not really sure what the Network Display Name feature is or means. Maybe someone can clue me in as the Help file...just confused me more.

Ain't technology wonderful.
Now how am I going to use this feature???????