Re: [WriteLog] Bands for CQP

To: garry@ni6t.com ("Garry Shapiro")
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Bands for CQP
From: Georgek5kg@aol.com
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 12:24:41 -0400
When CQP (instate) is selected, the default Bands are the entire bands with
all modes (e.g. 3500-4000 kHz, LSB, USB, CW)--no subbands. But  when typing
a frequency into the CALL field the mode does not necessarily
track--especially from phone to CW.

Gary,

It seems like you are worrying about something that you don't need to worry
about.  I think you can forget about the subbands altogether in WL.

This is what I think your concern may be:

1.) You have just worked and logged K5KG on 20 ssb
2.) You now hear K5KG on 20 cw, but are concerned that if you work him he will
be a 20m dupe.

Well, that will not be the case if you have established radio control between
WL and your radio.  When you switch the mode on your radio from SSB to CW, WL
will switch modes.

Then if you log K5KG on 20m CW, he will NOT be a dupe.

Does this clear things up, or am I missing something?

73, George, K5KG/7 in UT