Re: [WriteLog] Back-up??

To: <dezrat1242@ispwest.com>, "Writelog" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Back-up??
From: "Donald Eriksen" <don.wsixffh@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 19:53:42 -0700
I dunno, Bill, after reading some of the latest posts, I'm not sure XP is
the best. I know this subject is (was) dead, but after 25 RTTY contests over
the last few years without a problem with Writelog and 98SE, I feel pretty
confident with it.

I stick with it because I use MMTTY with RITTY as the receive only clone.
And the computer I use for Writelog I also use for net brousing and email.

The secret I've found is to use MSCONFG religiously before each test and get
rid of all the junk running in the background. I typically go from 60% to
70% free performance to about 92% free with nothing running and about 73%
with my full Writlog contest setup with 2 monitors full of windows and
including 2 copies of Fkeys and a couple of clocks running.

I don't want to start this subject up again on the reflector, if anyone
wants to comment, please do it direct. Thanks.

Don W6FFH
don.wsixffh@verizon.net