[WriteLog] K9JY website : An appreciation.

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] K9JY website : An appreciation.
From: "Barry Kirkwood" <bjk@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 19:25:03 -0000
I must set the record straight about WL documentation.
When I started trying to use WL some three years back I printed off from Scot's
site, put them in a binder plus other wL stuff and tried to use them as a
manual ever since.
In the meantime Scot has reorganised the WL information and the WL Lite section
in particular looks vey good indeed and very helpful to the new user.
Thanks, Scot.
There is no doubt in my mind that WL does an excellent job and is highly
functional if running correctly.
I do, however, stand by my contention that it very unforgiving of operator
error in the set up phase and it may be very difficult to detect or correct
such errors which may lie as sleepers until there is some change of condition.
Thus the thing can be given a practice run with all appearing to be well, but
will go down during the contest. In my experience such errors are
unrecoverable, and one has to withdraw from the contest.
73
Barry

end
Barry Kirkwood PhD ZL1DD