[WriteLog] TS-480S Rig Control Woes

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] TS-480S Rig Control Woes
From: Eric Hilding <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 20:59:48 -0800
1. I installed a dual-USB serial port device COM3 & COM4) & connected a serial cable to my TS-480S

2. I upgraded to WL 10.50D

3. I loaded WL and selected (Setup | Ports). Only "Kenwood" & "Kenwood TS-850" show as Kenwood options

4. I tried both Kenwood options

5. I tried 4800 baud and 9600 baud

6. I tried 1 stop bit and 2 stop bits

7. I tried various combinations of 4, 5 & 6

8. In each situation, I get "NO RIG" showing in the lower left hand corner of WL

9. If I click on "NO RIG" (which yields the Logging/Duping Frequency et.al. dialog box), and type in 14250, click the USB radio button, choose Log the frequency of qsos "rig on COMM3", click the SET button and then click the "OK" button, I hear a beep and the TS-480S goes to 14250.

10. The "NO RIG" control button in the lower left hand corner of WL still says "NO RIG" (and of course, the "R" inside the Green Circle is there (also in #8 above, actually).

11. Tuning the VFO dial on the TS-480S yields zip squat.

12. Frustration is a *mild* word for where I'm at.

Any help is appreciated.

Tnx & 73...

Rick, K6VVA