[WriteLog] POOR CW KEYING

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] POOR CW KEYING
From: km9m-zig@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 23:23:54 +0000

> Subject: Re: [WriteLog] poor PC Generated cw
> Myself (ver 10.50) and K1GU (ver 10.49) experienced poorly generated CW
> during the CW SS. I had only one instance while Ned had several that seem to
> be random occurrences.
>
> I use LPT keying and Ned uses serial port keying.
>
> I wonder if there is something else that is causing the problem other than
> the Microham usb to serial interface.

Do you have your anti-virus protection or other software running that might me
casuing the problem?  Once I disabled all un-needed items running in "msconfig"
(I think that's where I did it) I had no more problems. (Keying with LPT) I
believe there is something in the help files, archives, or someone on the list
more knowledgeable than I.  Good Luck!
73,
Zig - KM9M