[WriteLog] Bad problem with LPT band data

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Bad problem with LPT band data
From: "Timo Pohjola" <timo.pohjola@saunalahti.fi>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 17:51:46 -0000
Hi,

I am going to make a 2 radio setup and my intention is to use the band
data output from LPT1 (the other of my radios is a Kenwood).

I have set up the "number of radios" to 2 and so I have two entry
windows on the screen. Kenwood rig is connected via the interface to
COM2 and LPT port is controlling the band decoder OK (radio L) according
to the band changes in the rig. Everything OK so far...

BUT the problem exists when changing the keyboard focus OR tx focus (not
both) from radio L to radio R. In this situation WL "forgets" to send
the band data to LPT any more! The LPT band data is OFF until WL gets
the band information again from the rig. In my setup th OFF time can be
about 0.5-1 seconds. When the band data is OFF, none of the band decoder
leds is lit and NO antenna is selected by the Sixpak!!

If BOTH (kbd focus and tx focus) are changed simultaneously, everything
works OK.

The WL version is 10.50D. I've not noticed such problem with earlier WL
versions.

I tested also without rig (manual entry) and then WL really forgets to
send the band data until a new manual qrg entry is done.

73 Timo OH1MDR