Re: [WriteLog] .wav file editing freeware

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] .wav file editing freeware
From: "Don Hatlestad" <dhatlestad@mail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 09:39:29 -0800
I can't agree more with Steve on this. Audacity works great for the price.
The tempo effect for changing the speed of a clip without changing the
pitch is brilliant. The editing tools are simple. Just drag a sound file
from the Windows Explorer onto the program, edit it, and export it as a WAV
file or record a new one. The only thing that got me into trouble was not
noticing the sample rate. All of my sound files to this point were sampled
at 11025Hz but Audacity samples at 44100Hz by default when you record,
which is overkill for broadcasting over ham radio. I just had to go to the
preferences under the file menu and set the default to 11025Hz. Writelog
will not let you mix sounds with different sample rates in the same
message (documented).

Don, AC7FA