[WriteLog] New user with problems

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] New user with problems
From: "Alan Jubb - 5B4AHJ" <g3pmr@shacklog.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 15:27:41 +0200
Hi
I have recently purchased WL for contest use, having heard/read so many good
things about it.

I am in the process of familiarising mysef with the prog, and setting it up in
preparation for CQWWCW. However I have run into a major problem and wonder if
someone could suggest a way forward.

I want to send CW from LPT1. I am running WL under Win XP Home Edition with SP2.
I have run UserPort with the address range 378-37F. (I removed the default
address ranges).
I then started WL and went to SETUP=>PORTS.
Sure enough LPT1 was now enabled (so was LPT2 - don't understand why).
I selected LPT1 as the CW port, and also PCGENERATES.
I then clicked OK and got the following error:

"WRITELOG MFC Application has encountered a problem and needs to close." WL
closed but left the band map running.

Now, when I try to start WL I get the same error message, so I can't run WL at
all. Any suggestions?

73
Alan 5B4AHJ -P3J