[WriteLog] MK-1100 Timeout

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] MK-1100 Timeout
From: "Mike Zak" <Mike@crv.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 18:52:08 -0500
This one has me stumped.  On occasion, when using the MK-1100 keyer, I
experience a timeout.  The keyer speed window in Writelog says "timeout"
and the keyer stops working.  I have looked everywhere for some
documentation on this and can't find any reference to what makes the
MK-1100 time out.

By trying everything I can think of, I found that by unplugging the
remote speed control, and plugging it back in, I can reset whatever
timer is causing this and be back in business.  What I would far rather
know, however, is why it does this so that I can avoid it or protect
against it.  I would also like to know if there is a way to do a
soft-reset.

Suggestions appreciated.

Mike - W1MU