[WriteLog] (no subject)

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] (no subject)
From: Eric Hilding <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 11:40:41 -0800
Mike, N7MH wrote:

> Rick, there is a standard Windows shortcut for erasing a word, which
> is Ctrl-W.  This works for clearing fields in WL.  Even though I went to
> the trouble of verifying this before SS Phone I must admit that I never
> used Ctrl-W.  Since I had all the fields set up for Overstrike I'd either
> just Alt-W to get rid of everything or retype.

Tnx, Mike. I looked high & low via the Index but ran out of time trying to find the info. Somewhere along the line I had picked up the Alt-W one but couldn't recall where.

FYI, your suggested enhancements sound very much needed. I'm particularly interested in:

> Instead of prefills it would be useful to have prior exchange
> information show up in a separate area for information purposes.

Like in TR, this would be a great "option". What also be helpful, IMHO, is to be able to have a bit more width to the "free form" exchange line. If kHz was indicated by a "K" (it's really not needed if 14015 is showing...I think it's pretty obvious this is Khz :-), this could give a litle extra width without extending things further to the right (in order to keep the overlall WL window sized as narrow as possible).

Ooops...I forgot to mention that inside the Packet Spots area, the width of the Drop-Down selection list needs expanding to enable the "All Bands" and "Follow Me" to fully display. Fortunately, there is plenty of extra space to the right to do this. This is a minor tweak.

Tnx & 73...

Rick, K6VVA