Re: [WriteLog] Writelog tcpip bug in latest patch

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Writelog tcpip bug in latest patch
From: Werner Maier <werner@maiers.de>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 13:01:39 +0100

Hi,

We got hammered by a pretty serious bug in the latest Writelog and tcpip
patch.  Version 10.50D   About every hour to two hours Writelog would hang
with the infamous "Switch to" error message popping up.

This happened to us, too. But it did not happen every one or two hours, but only sometimes. And only at the station with the lowest CPU Power (PII-300), especially when the machine recoonected to the network or when another machine after restart of writelog reconnected to this station. Seems as if TCP/IP communication puts or pulls the log quite fast and the cpu could not handle merging 1000 or more qsos... We let the station be with the "Switch To" window and clicket it away after some minutes. Mostly it resumed operation normally.

Network has been 2x Win2K, 1x WinXP and 1xWinME (this has been the
PII-300). We used 10.50D with the TCP/IP Patch on all Stations.

Only a full restart or a manual killing of the AWLOGPK~1.EXE
and WlogNetDde.exe services, then reload Writelog, would allow
us to continue.

Happened twice or three time to us. We needed to reboot the ME.

And the Writelog Packet login window isn't appearing anywhere unless one
does an ALT/TAB when Writelog loads.  This bug I've seen for some time.

Same here. Nearly every time after Writelog restarts.

Would like to see that automated completely as we use a telnet server
(VE7CC) on another machine and would rather not have to log them in each
and every time.

Would be greatly appreciated.

Werner DL4NER.
--