Re: [WriteLog] SO2R

To: "Richard Zalewski" <dick.w7zr@gmail.com>,"Writelog" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] SO2R
From: "Bob Henderson" <bob@cytanet.com.cy>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 05:34:01 -0000
Dick

I used an Array Solutions SO2R controller with WL for sometime with good
results but I then moved on to use a W5XD Multi-Keyer instead.  For CW
contesting the Multi-Keyer is a better bet as it takes the job of producing
CW away from the PC and so produces stutter free code.  The Multi-Keyer also
connects via an RS232 port which it shares with one of your radios instead
of LPT.  The AS box with XP will need something like UserPort to make it
work.

One other thing to consider is that Array Solutions withdrew their SO2R
controller from the market.  I think some folks had trouble keeping RF out
of it.  Though mine worked fine.

Good luck with your SO2R.  It's fun though much more frustrating than fun at
first.

Bob, 5B4AGN, P3F
www.5b4agn.net