RE: [WriteLog] Writelog 10.51

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [WriteLog] Writelog 10.51
From: "Don Hatlestad" <dhatlestad@mail.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 08:40:25 -0800
RE: Microham USB MicroKeyer

I am hoping to help you out. I recieved my new MK a couple of weeks ago but
had some hardware problems and Jozef is sending a new one. It should
arrive this week. In order to avoid the CW and RTTY hashing mentioned here
in the mailing list, I bought a USB 2.0 card. They are so inexpensive, c.a.
$20 for a near top of the line unit. My MK works fine for CW and I was able
to work a few stations during the CQWW CW contest. As soon as I recieved the
device, I tested the keying speed up to 40 wpm. It seemed to work FB without
dropping a character, though at 40 wpm my brain drops more that a few
letters. At 20-30 wpm, it was brilliant in the CQWW. In addition to the MK,
I have a high-speed WiFi network adapter connected to the USB card. It works
just fine.