Re: [WriteLog] Parallel port CW

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Parallel port CW
From: "Bob Naumann - N5NJ" <n5nj@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 07:14:17 -0600
Regarding the instructions there for Userport:

I have found that leaving the addresses at the default in Userport works just
fine on several XP machines.

I would suggest trying it without making any changes first.  You can always go
back and mess with it.

The other thing you need to know is that something else may need to be done in
order to free up your LPT port in XP.  What that is with certainty I cannot
tell you, but I do know that some users have found printer software
interfering, or some other software conflict.  This will vary depending on your
computer type and manufacturer.  Others have found that the CMOS configuration
for the LPT port is not compatible and must be changed.  This will depend on
your particular computer and manufacturer also.

N5NJ