[WriteLog] Serial Port Addition/FSK

To: WriteLog Reflector <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Serial Port Addition/FSK
From: "S. Markowski Jr." <km9m-zig@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 06:58:18 +0000
Like most everyone else with a laptop, I could use more serial ports. I was wondering two things:
1st. I remember reading that running FSK in WL with serial adapters required the adapter to be capable of running 5-bit code...... Can someone explain what this is in layman's terms? If an adapter handles 5 -bit code, would it specifically say 5-bit code, or would a rating above/below 5 bit indicate that? I read about the card on the Quatech site via Google, but it doesn't make any sense to me.

Has anyone heard of/used a Quatech QSP-100 PCMCIA Card? Have the ability to buy one, but if I can't do FSK with it in WL, I won't bother.

Okay, I was wrong..... Guess I was wondering three things.

Thanks in advance, Happy Holidays, and 73,

Zig - KM9M