[WriteLog] Upgrade install error

To: "Writelog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Upgrade install error
From: "Gary Senesac AL9A" <al9a@pobox.mtaonline.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 11:04:09 -0900
Had renew my registration code so I could get the V10.52F latest update.
Downloaded the full program zip file, not just the interim update, into
C:\Program Files\ham\Programs and extracted the files.  When I ran Setup.exe to
do the install, the installer suggested a path name of C:\Program Files\ham.
Thinking this wasn't the complete path I wanted, I used the Browse button to
add the final "\Programs" folder to the path and ran the install.

The resulting installation created yet another Programs subdirectory as in
C:\Program Files\ham\Programs\Programs and installed the new Writelog version
there.  I deleted this second Programs folder and reran the install program,
this time taking the default path suggested.  The program seemed to install ok,
but I got an error message about the path name with the double Programs
subfolders could not be found and the installation wasn't completed.

I rebooted and when I ran Writelog it asked for my new registration code.  It
took it ok and the V10.52F program seems to run as expected.  However, I am
unable to get the help screen to access from within Writelog.  If I go to the
Writelog programs folder in Start and click I Writelog Help I get the error
message again about the wrong path name.  I also notice some of the other
Writelog icons are missing from the Writlog Start folder, such as Rttyrite, the
Sound Recorder, etc.

Obviously there is a case of pilot error here.  Running Win98ME.  What is the
best way to rectify the situation?  Should I uninstall Writelog and do the
install again?  Should I try to edit something in the registry?  I hate that
option as I'm pretty sure I would wake up Murphy and make a bad situation
worse!  Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks!
Gary AL9A